Friday, June 15, 2012

I love the A.T.

A few days ago I found a waterfall you could jump off if you wanted, or just sit under and enjoy a relaxing massage. That's exactly what I did, I was underneath and behind the falls, and I'll never forget it!
The next day I entered Massachusetts and walked through the oldest darkest forest I've ever seen in real life. It was like something out of a scary movie, but it wasn't scary, it was amazing!
Yesterday 2 miles before the shelter I was staying at for the night was a beautiful pond. I stood for a moment to take some pictures, and I heard a loud slap on the water. When I looked towards the splash I saw a beaver swimming around near his house, it was so cool. Then another one showed up and they both swam around while I watched and took pictures. When I finally did leave I arrived at the shelter a guy from Germany was there named Euro, I made a fire, drank a beer I carried out and we played darts into the night with our headlights.
Today I hiked 14 miles to a shelter on a lake with canoes, went swimming, and have been hanging out with friends all day. This place is so nice it feels like one of those fancy summer resorts, you know the expensive kind, well all we had to do was walk 1527 miles. Another great surprise happened when a guy named smiley came walking up that I haven't seen since the Smokeys.
The weather has been fantastic, the company better, and I'm headed north for more!










1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing. I can picture it based in your blog! Love mom

    ReplyDelete