Friday, May 11, 2012

Shenandoah National Park

The park was definitely a one of a kind place with smaller climbs and "easier" trails. I saw 7 bears in the 3 days that were not foggy. The tourists seemed more scared of us than the wildlife, deer came within 10 feet of me. The tourists stopped us, took our pictures and even fed us! The last bear I saw was definitely the bear people think about when they imagine seeing a bear in the wild. He was big and a little close for total comfort. I came around a turn and he watched me, when I noticed him he was 20 yards away. This guy weighed between 150 and 200lbs, and I had nothing but respect for him, so much so that I never took my eyes off him even to take the few pictures I did. The pictures aren't very good but like I said I was not looking at the camera! After snapping 2 quick shots I couldn't help but look into his eyes, I respected him to much, and in his eyes I could tell he was a WILD animal. This might not make too much sense but I could tell by his eyes that he was as wild as they come but I was not afraid.
3 more days until Harper's Ferry! Can't wait to see what the rest of the trail has in store for me.











1 comment:

  1. You neglected to tell me the bear was 200 pounds!! I guess that was a Mother's Day gift to keep that information from me! Thanks Liam...love Mom

    ReplyDelete